60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Start Printed Page 2560Certificate under Section 322; Form N-600K, 1615-0087.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will submit the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until March 20, 2006.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHA via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0087 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection.
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of Form/Collection: Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate under section 322.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate under section 332; Form N-600K.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households. This form provides an organized framework for establishing the authenticity of an applicant's eligibility and is essential for providing prompt, consistent and correct processing of such applications for citizenship under section 322 of the Act.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 1,500 responses at 1 hour and 35 minutes (1.583 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 2,374 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/pra/index.htm.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: January 10, 2006.
Richard A. Sloan
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 06-364 Filed 1-13-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M