Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning the fourth round of data collection for the Longitudinal Evaluation of AmeriCorps. This long term study is based on the hypothesis that participation in national service may lead to measurable outcomes for AmeriCorps participants. Earlier rounds of data collection were conducted at baseline, and at 12 and 36 months after baseline. The study uses a quasi-experimental design to assess program impacts on program participants.
Copies of the information collection requests can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the address section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by April 4, 2006.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Attention: Lillian Dote, Program Officer, Office of Research and Policy Development, Room 10901A, 1201 New York Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom, at Room 8102C, at the street address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3464, Attention: Lillian Dote, Program Officer, Office of Research and Policy Development.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: firstname.lastname@example.org.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Lillian Dote at (202) 606-6984 or by e-mail at email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
AmeriCorps is a national program, administered by the Corporation that provides grants to nonprofit organizations and government entities to support members and volunteers serving in national and local community service programs. The proposed 7-year follow-up telephone survey will be completed by longitudinal sample members including former AmeriCorps members and their counterparts in the comparison group. The study includes participants from AmeriCorps*State and National and the AmeriCorps*National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC).
The Corporation seeks renewal of its earlier application.
Type of Review: Reinstatement of a previously approved collection.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Longitudinal Study of AmeriCorps.
OMB Number: 3045-0070.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Participants in Longitudinal Study of AmeriCorps.
Total Respondents: Treatment Group: 2, 228 former AmeriCorps members.
Comparison Group: 1,925 individuals.
Total: 4,153 respondents.
Average Time Per Response: 45 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 3,115 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: January 30, 2006.
Director, Office of Research and Policy Development.
[FR Doc. E6-1456 Filed 2-2-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P