30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 70, Number 234, page 72851 on December 7, 2005, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 27, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to The Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the Start Printed Page 9382proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5330.20. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Abstract: The law of 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) makes it unlawful for any nonimmigrant alien to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce. ATF F 5330.20 is for the purpose of ensuring that nonimmigrant aliens certify their compliance according to the law at 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B).
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There will be an estimated 3,000 respondents, who will complete the form within approximately 3 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 150 total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Brenda E. Dyer, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1600, Patrick Henry Building, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 17, 2006.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E6-2549 Filed 2-22-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P