Notice of information collection under review: Form, I-817, Application for Benefits Under the Family Unity Program.
The Department Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This notice is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until May 1, 2006.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Officer, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0005 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Benefits Under the Family Unity Program.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-817. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The information collected will be used to determine whether the applicant meets the eligibility requirements for benefits under 8 CFR 245A, Subpart C.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 40,000 responses at 2 hours and 30 minutes (2.5) hours per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 100,000 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/pra/index.htmStart Signature
Dated: February 22, 2006.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigrant Services.
[FR Doc. 06-1831 Filed 2-27-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-M