Department of Homeland Security, Preparedness Directorate, Office of Grants and Training, Office of Community Preparedness, DHS.
Notice and request for comment.Start Printed Page 12706
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondents' burden, invites the general public to take this opportunity to comment on this proposed information collection as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act 1995, Public Law 104-13 (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). Currently, the Office of Community Preparedness is soliciting comments concerning a proposed new collection, Community Preparedness and Participation Survey.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until May 12, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
National Citizen Corps Office, Attn: Susan Drgos, 810 7th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
- Mail: National Citizen Corps Office, Attn: Susan Drgos, 810 7th Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Susan Drgos, 202-786-9463 (this is not a toll free number).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
To request a copy of this Information Collection Request, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling or writing Citizen Corps Contact, Susan Drgos, 202-786-9463. The Office of Management and Budget is particularly interested in comments which:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
Agency: Department of Homeland Security, Preparedness Directorate, Office of Grants and Training, Office of Community Preparedness.
Title: Community Preparedness and Participation Survey.
OMB Number: 3067-NEW.
Frequency: Once per year.
Affected Public: Individuals and households.
Estimated Number of Respondents: 13,200 per year.
Estimated Time per Respondent: .334 hour.
Total Burden Hours: 4,408.80 per year.
Total Burden Cost: None.
Description: This information collection will enable Citizen Corps to operate effectively and efficiently to regularize and coordinate activities between Citizen Corps and those groups active in educating, training, and coordinating volunteers in crime prevention, disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, public health, and safety issues.Start Signature
Dated: March 6, 2006.
Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. E6-3500 Filed 3-10-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P