Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled the National Evaluation of Youth Corps to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, Public Law 104-13, (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling the Corporation for National and Community Service, Ms. Lillian Dote at (202) 606-6984. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call (202) 606-3472 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday.
Comments may be submitted, identified by the title of the information collection activity, to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: Ms. Rachel Potter, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service, by any of the following two methods within 30 days from the date of publication in this Federal Register:
(1) By fax to: (202) 395-6974, Attention: Ms. Rachel Potter, OMB Desk Officer for the Corporation for National and Community Service; and
(2) Electronically by e-mail to: Rachel_F._Potter@omb.eop.gov.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used; Start Printed Page 13589
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.
A 60-day public comment Notice was published in the Federal Register on January 4, 2006. This comment period ended March 6, 2006. No public comments were received from this notice.
Description: The Corporation is seeking approval of the National Evaluation of Youth Corps which will be used to learn about the effects of national service on youth corps participants. The study uses an experimental design to assess the outcomes associated with participation in national service. The information collection will be completed by individuals applying to Youth Corps programs.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: National Evaluation of Youth Corps.
OMB Number: None.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Applicants to Youth Corps programs.
Total Respondents: 7,500.
Frequency: On occasion.
Average Time Per Response: 35 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 4,375 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Signature
Dated: March 10, 2006.
Director, Office of Research and Policy Development.
[FR Doc. E6-3838 Filed 3-15-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P