U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 590, Application/Permit for Use of the Two White Flint North (TWFN) Auditorium.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0181.
3. How often the collection is required: Each time public use of the auditorium is requested.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Members of the public requesting use of the NRC Auditorium.
5. The number of annual respondents: 5.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1.25 hours (15 minutes per request).
7. Abstract: In accordance with the Public Buildings Act of 1959, an agreement was reached between the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (MPPC), the General Services Administration (GSA), and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission that the NRC auditorium will be made available for public use. Public users of the auditorium will be required to complete NRC Form 590, Application/Permit for Use of Two White Flint North (TWFN) Auditorium. The information is needed to allow for administrative and security review and scheduling, and to make a determination that there are no anticipated problems with the requester prior to utilization of the facility.
Submit, by May 22, 2006, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC world wide web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton (T-5 F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 10th day of March 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E6-4086 Filed 3-20-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P