Department of Energy.
Notice of open meeting.
This notice announces a meeting of the Methane Hydrate Advisory Committee. Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 86 Stat.770) requires that notice of these meetings be announced in the Federal Register.
Monday, April 24, 2006, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Tuesday, April 25, 2006, 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
L'Enfant Plaza Hotel, 480 L'Enfant Plaza, SW., Washington, DC 20024.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Edith Allison, U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Oil and Natural Gas, Washington, DC 20585. Phone: 202-586-1023.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Purpose of the Committee: The purpose of the Methane Hydrate Advisory Committee is to provide advice on potential applications of methane hydrate to the Secretary of Energy; assist in developing recommendations and priorities for the Department of Energy methane hydrate research and development program.
Monday, April 24
- Welcome and Introductions
- Joint meeting with the Interagency Coordinating Committee—9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Briefings on recent accomplishments, planned activities, issues and concerns by the Department of Energy; U.S. Geological Survey; Minerals Management Service; Bureau of Land Management; National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; Naval Research Laboratory; and National Science Foundation. Discussion of major interagency issues, including activities in other nations, FY2007 budgets, reauthorization, interagency coordination and Interagency Roadmap
- Five minutes will be allowed for questions and comments after each presentation
- BP Project Presentation
- Chevron Project Presentation
Tuesday, April 25
- Discussion of Energy Policy Act of 2005 requirements
- Discussion and Recommendations to DOE regarding planning and future activities
The meeting is open to the public. The Chairman of the Committee will conduct the meeting to facilitate the orderly conduct of business. If you would like to file a written statement with the Committee, you may do so either before or after the meeting. If you would like to make oral statements regarding any of the items on the agenda, you should contact Edith Allison at the address or telephone number listed above. You must make your request for an oral statement at least five business days prior to the meeting, and reasonable provisions will be made to include the presentation on the agenda. Public comment will follow the 10 minute rule.
The minutes of this meeting will be available for public review and copying within 60 days at the Freedom of Information Public Reading Room, Room 1E-190, Forrestal Building, 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except federal holidays.Start Signature
Issued at Washington, DC, on March 21, 2006.
Acting Advisory Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E6-4394 Filed 3-24-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P