30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence; Form I-751. OMB Control No. 1615-0038.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This information was previously published in the Federal Register on January 23, 2006 at 71 FR 3524. The notice allowed for a 60-day public comment period. No comments were received on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until April 27, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control No. 1615-0038 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-751, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. Persons granted conditional residence through marriage to a United States citizen of permanent resident use this form to petition for the removal of those conditions.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 118,008 respondents at 2 hours and 20 minutes (2.333) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 275,312 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/pra/index.htm.
If additional information is required contact: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd Floor, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: March 23, 2006.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. 06-2900 Filed 3-27-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P