Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, DOE.
In compliance with the requirements of section 3507 of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. 3507, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (Commission) has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and extension of this information collection requirement. Any interested person may file comments directly with OMB and should address a copy of those comments to the Commission as explained below. The Commission received no comments in response to an earlier Federal Register notice of February 14, 2006 (71 FR 7751-7852) and has made this notation in its OMB submission.
Comments on the collection of information are due by May 31, 2006.
Address comments on the collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Desk Officer. Comments to OMB should be filed electronically, c/o email@example.com and include the OMB Control No. as a point of reference. The Desk Officer may be reached by telephone at 202-395-4650. A copy of the comments should also be sent to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Office of the Executive Director, ED-34, Attention: Michael Miller, 888 First Street, NE., Washington, DC 20426. Comments may be filed either in paper format or electronically. Those persons filing electronically do not need to make a paper filing. For paper filings, such comments should be submitted to the Secretary of the Commission, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, NE., Washington, DC 20426 and should refer to Docket No. IC06-567-001.
Documents filed electronically via the Internet must be prepared in WordPerfect, MS Word, Portable Document Format, or ASCII format. To file the document, access the Commission's Web site at http://www.ferc.gov and click on “Make an E-Filing,” and then follow the instructions for each screen. First time users will have to establish a user name and password. The Commission will send an automatic acknowledgement to the sender's e-mail address upon receipt of comments. User assistance for electronic filings is available at 202-502-8258 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments should not be submitted to this e-mail address.
All comments may be viewed, printed or downloaded remotely via the Internet through FERC's homepage using the “eLibrary” link. Enter the docket number excluding the last three digits in the docket number field to access the document. For user assistance, contact FERCOnlineSupport@ferc.gov or toll-free at (866) 208-3676. or for TTY, contact (202) 502-8659.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Michael Miller may be reached by telephone at (202) 502-8415, by fax at (202) 273-0873, and by e-mail at email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The information collection submitted for OMB review contains the following:
1. Collection of Information: FERC-567 “Gas Pipeline Certificates: Annual Reports of System Flow Diagrams and Systems Capacity”.
2. Sponsor: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
3. Control No. 1902-0005.
The Commission is now requesting that OMB approve and extend the expiration date for an additional three years with no changes to the existing collection. The information filed with the Commission is mandatory.
4. Necessity of the Collection of Information: Submission of the information is necessary for the Commission to carry out its responsibilities in implementing the statutory provisions of sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10(a) and 16 of the Natural Gas Act (NGA), sections 301(a), 303(a), 304(d), sections 401 and 402, section 508 of the Natural Gas Policy Act (NGPA).
The information collected under the requirements of FERC-567 is used by the Commission to obtain accurate data on pipeline facilities. Specifically, the FERC-567 data is used in determining the configuration and location of installed pipeline interconnections and receipt and delivery points; and developing and evaluating alternatives to proposed facilities as a means to mitigate the environmental impact of new pipeline construction. Start Printed Page 23908
FERC-567 also contains valuable information that can be used to assist federal officials in maintaining adequate natural gas service in times of national emergency. The Commission implements these filing requirements in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) under 18 CFR 260.8 and 284.13.
5. Respondent Description: The respondent universe currently comprises 91 companies (on average) subject to the Commission's jurisdiction.
6. Estimated Burden: 12,724 total hours, 91 respondents (average), 1.714 responses per respondent (derived by dividing the total number of responses expected annually (156) by the number of respondents (91) and rounding to three places), and 81.58 hours per response (average).
7. Estimated Cost Burden to respondents: 12,724 hours/2080 hours per years × $112,767 per year = $689,830. The cost per respondent is equal to $7,580.Start Signature
Magalie R. Salas,
[FR Doc. E6-6179 Filed 4-24-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6717-01-P