Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA and Other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA and other Federal agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to various proposed highway projects in the State of South Carolina. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the projects.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on any of the listed highway projects will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before October 30, 2006. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Mr. Robert L. Lee, Division Administrator, Federal Highway Administration, 1835 Assembly Street, Suite 1270, Columbia, SC 29201; Telephone: (803) 765-5411; e-mail: email@example.com. The FHWA South Carolina Division Office's normal business hours are 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (eastern time). You may also contact Mr. J. Berry Still, P.E., South Carolina Department of Transportation, 955 Park Street, P.O. Box 191, Columbia, SC 29202-0191; Telephone: (803) 737-9967; e-mail: StillJB@scdot.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the highway project in the State of South Carolina that is listed below. The project will improve safety on US 17 from US 21 in Gardens Corner to SC 64 in Jacksonboro while preserving community values and protecting the natural and scenic environment of the ACE Basin. The actions by the Federal agencies on a project, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the documented environmental assessment (EA) and Finding of Significant Impact (FONSI) issued in connection with the project, and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record for the project. The EA, FONSI and other documents from the FHWA administrative record files for the listed project are available by contacting the FHWA or the SCDOT at the addresses provided above.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions on the listed project as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act, 42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q).
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Anadromous Fish Conservation Act [16 U.S.C. 757(a)-757(g)], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712], Magnuson-Stevenson Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976, as amended [16 U.S.C. 1801 et seq.].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act, [33 U.S.C.] 1251-1377 (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319); Coastal Barrier Resources Act, 16 U.S.C. 3501-3510; Coastal Zone Management Act, 16 U.S.C. 1451-1465; Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF), 16 U.S.C. 4601-4604; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA), 42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6); Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899, 33 U.S.C. 401-406; Wild and Scenic Rivers Start Printed Page 25631Act, 16 U.S.C. 1271-1287; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act, 16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation, 23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11); Flood Disaster Protection Act, 42 U.S.C. 4001-4128.
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), 42 U.S.C. 9601-9675; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), 42 U.S.C. 6901-6992(k).
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
The project subject to this notice is:
Project Location: US-17—Beaufort and Colleton Counties, US-17—ACE Basin Widening between Gardens Corner and Jacksonboro. The project proposes a combination of alignment shifts to avoid and minimize environmental impacts as much as practicable while maintaining the safety and scenic nature of roadway. An EA was issued on September 16, 2005 and a FONSI was issued on April 7, 2006.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulation implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation of Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)Start Signature
Issued on: April 25, 2006.
Division Administrator, FHWA-SC Division, Columbia, SC.
[FR Doc. 06-4090 Filed 4-28-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-22-M