Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 55, “Operators' Licenses.”
3. The form number if applicable: N/A.
4. How often the collection is required: As necessary for NRC to meet its responsibilities to determine the eligibility of applicants for operators' licenses, prepare or review initial operator licensing and requalification examinations, and review applications for and performance of simulation facilities.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Holders of and applicants for facility (i.e., nuclear power, research, and test reactors) operating licenses and individual operators' licenses.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 343 (240 responses + 103 recordkeepers).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 103 (70 power reactor licensees + 33 non-power reactor licensees).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 67,060 (45,464 hrs. reporting + 21,596 hrs. recordkeeping).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: N/A.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 55, “Operators' Licenses,” of the NRC's regulations, specifies information and data to be provided by applicants and facility licenses so that the NRC may make determinations concerning the licensing and requalification of operators for nuclear reactors, as necessary to promote public health and safety. The reporting and recordkeeping requirements contained in 10 CFR part 55 are mandatory for the licensees and applicants affected.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by June 7, 2006. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. John A. Asalone, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0018), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to John_A._Asalone@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4650.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 2nd day of May, 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E6-6915 Filed 5-5-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P