Federal Communications Commission.
In this document, the Commission seeks comment on the National Exchange Carrier Association (NECA), the Interstate Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) Fund Administrator, annual payment formula and fund size estimate for the Interstate TRS Fund.
Comments are due on or before May 17, 2006. Reply comments are due on or before May 24, 2006.
You may submit comments, identified by [CG Docket No. 03-123], by any of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
- Federal Communications Commission's Web Site: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs/. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
- Parties who choose to file by paper should also submit their comments on diskette. These diskettes should be submitted, along with three paper copies, to: Dana Jackson, Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau, Disability Rights Office, 445 12th Street, SW., Room 3-C418, Washington, DC 20554. Such submission should be on a 3.5 inch diskette formatted in an IBM compatible format using Word 97 or a compatible software. The diskette should be accompanied by a cover letter and should be submitted in “read only” mode. The diskette should be clearly labeled with the filers name, proceeding (including the lead docket number in the case (CG Docket No. 03-123), type of pleading (comment or reply comment), date of submission, and the name of the electronic file on the diskette. The label should also include the following phrase “Disk Copy—Not an Original.” Each diskette should contain only one party's pleadings, preferably in a single electronic file. In addition, comments must send diskette copies to the Commission's duplicating contractor at Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-CB402, Washington, DC, 20554.
- A copy of this document, NECA's submission and any subsequently file documents in this matter will be available during regular business hours at the FCC Reference Center, Portals II, 445 12th Street, SW., Room CY-A257, Washington, DC 20554, (202) 418-0270. This document, NECA's submission and any subsequently filed documents in this matter may also be purchased from the Commission's duplicating contractor at their Web site, http://www.bcpiweb.com, or call 1-800-378-3160. A Copy of the submission may also be found by searching on the Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS) at http://www.fcc.gov.cgb/ecfs (insert CG Docket No. 03-123 into the Proceeding block).
- People with Disabilities: Contact the FCC to request reasonable accommodations (accessible format documents, sign language interpreters, CART, etc.) by e-mail: FCC504@fcc.gov or phone (202) 418-0539 or TTY: (202) 418-0432.
For detailed instructions for submitting comments and additional information on the rulemaking process, see the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Thomas Chandler, Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau, Disability Rights Office at (202) 418-1475 (voice), (202) 418-0597 (TTY), or e-mail at Thomas.Chandler@fcc.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This is a summary of the Commission's document DA 06-970, released May 2, 2006, in CG Docket No. 03-123.
Pursuant to §§ 1.415 and 1.419 of the Commission's rules, 47 CFR 1.415 and 1.419, interested parties may file comments and reply comments on or before the dates indicated on the first page of this document. Comments may be filed using: (1) The Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS), (2) the Federal Government's eRulemaking Portal, or (3) by filing paper copies. See Electronic Filing of Documents in Rulemaking Proceedings, 63 FR 24121, May 1, 1998.
- Electronic Filers: Comments may be filed electronically using the Internet by accessing the ECFS: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs/ or the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Filers should follow the instructions provided on the Web site for submitting comments.
- For ECFS filers, if multiple docket or rulemaking numbers appear in the caption of this proceeding, filers must transmit one electronic copy of the comments for each docket or rulemaking number referenced in the caption. In completing the transmittal screen, filers should include their full name, U.S. Postal Service mailing address, and the applicable docket or rulemaking number, which in this instance is CG Docket No. 03-123. Parties may also submit an electronic comment by Internet e-mail. To get filing instructions, filers should send an e-mail to ecfs @fcc.gov, and include the following words in the body of the message, “get form <your e-mail address>.” A sample form and directions will be sent in response.
- Paper Filers: Parties who choose to file by paper must file an original and four copies of each filing. If more than one docket or rulemaking number appears in the caption in this proceeding, filers must submit two additional copies of each additional docket or rulemaking number.
Filings can be sent by hand or messenger delivery, by commercial overnight courier, or by first-class or overnight U.S. Postal Service mail (although the Commission continues to experience delays in receiving U.S. Postal Service mail). All filings must be addressed to the Commission's Secretary, Office of the Secretary, Federal Communications Commission.
- The Commission's contractor will receive hand-delivered or messenger-delivered paper filings for the Commission's Secretary at 236 Massachusetts Avenue, NE., Suite 110, Washington, DC 20002. The filing hours at this location are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. All hand deliveries must be held together Start Printed Page 27253with rubber bands or fasteners. Any envelopes must be disposed of before entering the building.
- Commercial mail sent by overnight mail (other than U.S. Postal Service Express Mail and Priority Mail) must be sent to 9300 East Hampton Drive, Capitol Heights, MD 20743.
- U.S. Postal Service first-class, Express, and Priority mail should be addressed to 445 12th Street, SW., Washington, DC 20554.
People with Disabilities: To request materials in accessible formats for people with disabilities (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio format), send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at (202) 418-0530 (voice), (202) 418-0432 (TTY).
On May 1, 2006, pursuant to 47 CFR 64.604(c)(5)(iii)(H), the National Exchange Carrier Association (NECA), the Interstate Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) Fund Administrator, submitted its annual payment formula and fund size estimate for the Interstate TRS Fund for the period July 1, 2006, through June 30, 2007. Telecommunications Services for Individuals with Hearing and Speech Disabilities, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Interstate Telecommunications Relay Services Fund Payment Formula and Fund Size Estimate (filed May 1, 2006) (2006 TRS Rate Filing).
NECA proposes per completed minute compensation rates of $1.257 for traditional TRS (compared to $1.440 for the 2005-2006 fund year); $1.219 for Internet Protocol (IP) Relay (compared to $1.278 for the 2005-2006 fund year); $1.352 for Speech-to-speech (STS) (compared to $1.579 for the 2005-2006 fund year); and $6.116 for Video Relay Service (VRS) (compared to $6.644 for the 2005-2006 fund year). NECA proposes a carrier contribution factor of 0.00492 (compared to 0.00564 for the 2005-2006 fund year) and a fund size requirement of $386.3 million (compared to $441.5 million for the 2005-2006 fund year).Start Signature
Federal Communications Commission.
Deputy Chief, Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau.
[FR Doc. E6-7140 Filed 5-9-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6712-01-P