Export-Import Bank of the U.S.
Notice and request for comments.
The Export-Import Bank, as a part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, invites the general public and other Federal Agencies to comment on the proposed information collection, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. Our customers will be able to submit this form on paper or electronically. The form has been updated in the following ways:
- The format has been changed in order to standardize its outline with those used for medium-term insurance and guarantees and exporter short-term single sale insurance.
- Information requested in order for the applicant to obtain special insurance coverages has been taken out of the body of the application and put in separate appendixes.
- Information about the end-user and agent is now requested.
- Legal certifications have been updated.
- The application also more explicitly states the financial information that is required to be submitted with the application.
Written comments should be received on or before June 12, 2006 to be assured of consideration.
Direct all comments to David Rostker, Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, NEOB, Room 10202, Washington, DC 20503, (202) 395-5897.End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Title and Form Number: Application for Financial Institution Short-term Single-Buyer Insurance, EIB 92-41.
OMB Number: Presently part of OMB #3048-0009 collection. Going forward we would like this form to have its own OMB number.
Type of Review: Regular.
Need and Use: The information requested enables the financial institution applicant to provide Ex-Im Bank with the information necessary to obtain legislatively required assurance of repayment and fulfills other statutory requirements.
Affected Public: The form affects entities involved in the export of U.S. goods and services.
Estimated Annual Respondents: 265.
Estimated Time Per Respondent: 1 hour.
Estimated Annual Burden: 265 hours.
Frequency of Reporting or Use: As needed, each time a financial institution seeks short-term insurance for an export sale to a single buyer.Start Signature
Dated: May 8, 2006.
Agency Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 06-4437 Filed 5-11-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6690-01-M