U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection Start Printed Page 29357request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Policy Statement on Cooperation with States at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants and Other Production or Utilization Facilities.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0163.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion, when a State wishes to observe NRC inspections or perform inspections for NRC.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Those States interested in observing or performing inspections.
5. The number of annual respondents: 66 (50 nuclear facility + 16 materials security licensees).
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,540 hours (23.33 hours per respondent).
7. Abstract: States wishing to enter into an agreement with NRC to observe or participate in NRC inspections at nuclear power facilities or conduct materials security inspections against NRC Orders are requested to provide certain information to the NRC to ensure close cooperation and consistency with the NRC inspection program as specified by the Commission's Policy of Cooperation with States at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants and Other Nuclear Production or Utilization Facilities and section 274i of the Atomic Energy Act, as amended.
Submit, by July 21, 2006, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo. Shelton (T-5 F52), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 12th day of May 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. E6-7789 Filed 5-19-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P