U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirements to be submitted
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 790, “Classification Record”.
2. Current OMB approval number: NRC Form 790.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who will be required or asked to report: NRC licensees, contractors, and certificate holder who classifies and declassifies NRC information.
5. The estimated number of annual respondents: 300.
6. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 20.
7. Abstract: Completion of the NRC Form 790 is a mandatory requirement for NRC licensees, contractors, and only certificate holder who classifies and declassifies NRC information in accordance with Executive Order 12958, as amended, “Classified National Security Information,” the Atomic Energy Act, and implementing directives.
Submit, by July 24, 2006, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site (http://www.nrc.gov/NRC/PUBLIC/OMB/index.html). The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Brenda Jo Shelton, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-5 F53, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7233, or by Internet electronic mail at BJS1@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 16th day of May 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. E6-7867 Filed 5-23-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P