Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a current valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 62—“Criteria and Procedures for Emergency Access to Non-Federal and Regional Low-Level Waste Disposal Facilities.”
3. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
4. How often the collection is required: The collection would only be required upon application for an exemption or when access to a non-Federal low-level waste disposal facility is denied, which results in a public health and safety and/or common defense and security concern.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Generators of low-level waste who are denied access to a non-Federal low-level waste facility.
6. An estimate of the number of responses: 1.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
8. An estimate of the number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 227.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Public Law 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: 10 CFR part 62 sets out the information which must be provided to the NRC by any low-level waste generator seeking emergency access to an operating low-level waste disposal facility. The information is required to allow NRC to determine if denial of disposal constitutes a serious and immediate threat to public health and safety or common defense and security. 10 CFR part 62 also provides that the Commission may grant an exemption from the requirements in this part upon application of an interested person or upon its own initiative.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F23, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC World Wide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by June 30, 2006. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
John Asalone, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0143), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to John_A._Asalone@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4650.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 24th day of May, 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E6-8348 Filed 5-30-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P