Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Department of Defense (DoD).
Proposed rule with request for comments.
DoD is proposing to amend the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) to update text addressing procedures for processing of contractor claims submitted under DoD contracts. This proposed rule is a result of a transformation initiative undertaken by DoD to dramatically change the purpose and content of the DFARS.
Comments on the proposed rule should be submitted in writing to the address shown below on or before August 15, 2006, to be considered in the formation of the final rule.
You may submit comments, identified by DFARS Case 2003-D010, using any of the following methods:
- Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for submitting comments.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include DFARS Case 2003-D010 in the subject line of the message.
- Fax: (703) 602-0350.
- Mail: Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Attn: Ms. Debra Overstreet, OUSD (AT&L) DPAP (DARS), IMD 3C132, 3062 Defense Pentagon, Washington, DC 20301-3062.
- Hand Delivery/Courier: Defense Acquisition Regulations System, Crystal Start Printed Page 34868Square 4, Suite 200A, 241 18th Street, Arlington, VA 22202-3402.
Comments received generally will be posted without change to http://www.regulations.gov, including any personal information provided.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ms. Debra Overstreet, (703) 602-0310.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
DFARS Transformation is a major DoD initiative to dramatically change the purpose and content of the DFARS. The objective is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the acquisition process, while allowing the acquisition workforce the flexibility to innovate. The transformed DFARS will contain only requirements of law, DoD-wide policies, delegations of FAR authorities, deviations from FAR requirements, and policies/procedures that have a significant effect beyond the internal operating procedures of DoD or a significant cost or administrative impact on contractors or offerors. Additional information on the DFARS Transformation initiative is available at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars/transformation/index.htm.
This proposed rule is a result of the DFARS Transformation initiative. The proposed rule—
- Deletes unnecessary text at DFARS 233.204 regarding research of a contractor's history of filing claims during a contracting officer's review of a current claim; and
- Deletes an obsolete cross-reference at DFARS 233.210.
This rule was not subject to Office of Management and Budget review under Executive Order 12866, dated September 30, 1993.
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
DoD does not expect this proposed rule to have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities within the meaning of the Regulatory Flexibility Act, 5 U.S.C. 601, et seq., because the proposed rule deletes unnecessary DFARS text, but makes no significant change to DoD policy regarding consideration of claims submitted by contractors. Therefore, DoD has not performed an initial regulatory flexibility analysis. DoD invites comments from small businesses and other interested parties. DoD also will consider comments from small entities concerning the affected DFARS subpart in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 610. Such comments should be submitted separately and should cite DFARS Case 2003-D010.
C. Paperwork Reduction Act
The Paperwork Reduction Act does not apply, because the rule does not impose any information collection requirements that require the approval of the Office of Management and Budget under 44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Part 233End List of Subjects Start Signature
Michele P. Peterson,
Editor, Defense Acquisition Regulations System.
Therefore, DoD proposes to amend 48 CFR part 233 as follows:Start Part
PART 233—PROTESTS, DISPUTES, AND APPEALS
1. The authority citation for 48 CFR part 233 continues to read as follows:
2. Sections 233.204 and 233.210 are removed.
[FR Doc. E6-9491 Filed 6-15-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 5001-08-P