30-day notice of information collection under review: Notice of Appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals from a Decision of a USCIS Officer.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 71, Number 19, page 4935 on January, 30, 2006, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until July 28, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may also be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals from a Decision of a USCIS Officer.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form EOIR 29, Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: A party who appeals a decision of a USCIS officer to the Board of Immigration Appeals (Board). Other: None. Abstract: A party affected by a decision of a USCIS officer may appeal that decision to the Board, provided that the Board has jurisdiction pursuant to 8 CFR 1003.1(b). The party must complete the Form EOIR-29 and submit it to the USCIS office having administrative control over the record of proceeding in order to exercise its regulatory right to appeal.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 2,971 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of thirty minutes per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1485.5 total burden hours associated with this collection annually.
If additional information is required, contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Start Printed Page 36831Deputy Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 21, 2006.
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E6-10139 Filed 6-27-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P