U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: “Reports Concerning Possible Non-Routine Emergency Generic Problems”.
3. The form number if applicable: N/A.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: Nuclear power reactor licensees, research and test reactors, and materials applicants and licensees.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1,032 responses (832 nuclear power reactor licensees; 200 materials applicants and licensees).
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 204 (104 nuclear power reactor licensees; 100 materials applicants and licensees).
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 369,440 (349,440 for nuclear power reactor licensees [8 responses × 420 hrs/response × 104 licensees] and 20,000 for materials applicants and licensees [2 responses × 100 hrs/response × 100 licensees]).
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: N/A
10. Abstract: NRC is requesting approval authority to collect information concerning possible non-routine generic problems which would require prompt action from NRC to preclude potential threats to public health and safety.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by August 16, 2006. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date. John A. Asalone, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0012), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be e-mailed to John_A._Asalone@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at (202) 395-4650.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo. Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 29th day of June, 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo. Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E6-11212 Filed 7-14-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P