Date and Time:
Friday, July 28, 2006. 9:30 a.m.
U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, 624 9th Street, NW., Room 540, Washington, DC 20425.
Commission Briefing: The Benefits of Diversity in Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Introductory Remarks by Chairman.
- Speaker's Presentations.
- Questions by Commissioners and Staff Director.
I. Approval of Agenda.
II. Approval of Minutes of July 5, 2006 Meeting.
IV. Staff Director's Report.
V. Program Planning.
- Motion to Keep the Record Open on the Briefing on the Benefits of Diversity in Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Proposed Briefing on the United States Naval Academy's Use of Religious and Racial Preferences in Placement of Cadets with Local Sponsors.
- Briefing Report on Campus Anti-Semitism.
- Proposal Poster for Campus Anti-Semitism Public Education Campaign.
VI. Management and Operations
- Fiscal Year 2008 Budget.
- Strategic Planning.
- Proposed Policy for Commissioner Evaluation of Draft Report.
- Proposed Policy of Peer Review for Draft Reports.
- Proposed Regulation on Outside Employment.
VII. State Advisory Committee Issues.
- Recharter Package for the Connecticut State Advisory Committee.
- Recharter Package for the California State Advisory Committee.
VIII. Future Agenda Items.Start Further Info Start Printed Page 41418
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Audrey Wright, Office of the Staff Director, (202) 376-7700.Start Signature
David P. Blackwood,
[FR Doc. 06-6407 Filed 7-19-06; 9:12 am]
BILLING CODE 6335-01-M