60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Helping America's Youth Community Resource Inventory (OMB Number 1121-NEW).
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has submitted the following information collection request on behalf of the Executive Office of the President to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until September 26, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Phelan Wyrick, (202) 353-9254, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, 810 Seventh Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including Start Printed Page 42880whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses).
Overview of This Information
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. Title of the Form/Collection: Helping America's Youth Community Resource Inventory.
3. Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the government sponsoring the collection: U.S. Department of Justice on behalf of the Executive Office of the President.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals and organizations involved in building partnerships to help youth.
Abstract: This is an online database provided as a service to communities that wish to identify local youth-serving programs and resources. Participation is voluntary.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 500 respondents will take 80 hours each to enter data.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 40,000 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required, contact Ms. Lynn Bryant, Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: July 25, 2006.
Department Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 06-6567 Filed 7-27-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-18-M