Energy Information Administration (EIA), Department of Energy (DOE).
Agency Information Collection Activities: Submission for OMB Review; Comment Request.
The EIA has submitted the Energy Information Administration's Manufacturing Energy Consumption Survey to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and a reinstatement under section 3507(h)(1) of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13) (44 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.).
Comments must be filed by September 25, 2006. If you anticipate that you will be submitting comments but find it difficult to do so within that period, you should contact the OMB Desk Officer for DOE listed below as soon as possible.
Send comments to John Asalone, OMB Desk Officer for DOE, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. To ensure receipt of the comments by the due date, submission by FAX (202-395-7285) or E-mail (John_A._Asalone@omb.eop.gov) is recommended. The mailing address is 726 Jackson Place, NW., Washington, DC 20503. The OMB DOE Desk Officer may be telephoned at (202) 395-4650. (A copy of your comments should also be provided to EIA's Statistics and Methods Group at the address below.)Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Requests for additional information should be directed to Grace Sutherland. To ensure receipt of the comments by the due date, submission by FAX (202-287-1705) or E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) is also recommended. The mailing address is Statistics and Methods Group (EI-70), Forrestal Building, U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, DC 20585-0670. Ms. Sutherland may be contacted by telephone at (202) 287-1712.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This section contains the following information about the energy information collection submitted to OMB for review: (1) The collection numbers and title; (2) the sponsor (i.e., the Department of Energy component); (3) the current OMB docket number (if applicable); (4) the type of request (i.e., new, revision, extension, or reinstatement); (5) response obligation (i.e., mandatory, voluntary, or required to obtain or retain benefits); (6) a description of the need for and proposed use of the information; (7) a categorical description of the likely respondents; and (8) an estimate of the total annual reporting burden (i.e., the estimated number of likely respondents times the proposed frequency of response per year times the average hours per response).
1. EIA-846, “Manufacturers Energy Consumption Survey”.
2. Energy Information Administration.
3. OMB Number 1905-0169.
4. Reinstatement and three-year approval requested.
6. Form EIA-846 will be used to collect data on energy consumption and related subjects for the manufacturing sector of the U.S. economy. In addition to being used for the National Energy Modeling System, the MECS is used to augment a database on the manufacturing sector. Respondents are manufacturing establishments.
7. Business or other for-profit.
8. 47,584 (15,500 respondents × 1 response per year × 9.21 hours per response). With a 3-year approval, the burden is prorated over the three-year period and averaged from a total of 142,751 hours.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, August 21, 2006.
Nancy J. Kirkendall,
Director, Statistics and Methods Group, Energy Information Administration.
[FR Doc. E6-14175 Filed 8-24-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6450-01-P