U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 790, “Classification Record”.
3. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 790.
4. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
5. Who will be required or asked to report: NRC licensees, contractors, and certificate holder who classify and declassify NRC information.
6. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 300.
7. The estimated number of annual respondents: 1.
8. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 20.
9. An indication of whether Section 3507(d), Pub. L. 104-13 applies: Not applicable.
10. Abstract: Completion of the NRC Form 790 is a mandatory requirement for NRC licensees, contractors, and only certificate holder who classifies and declassifies NRC information in accordance with Executive Order 12958, as amended, “Classified National Security Information,” the Atomic Energy Act, and implementing directives.
A copy of the final supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 28, 2006. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
OMB Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0052), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be submitted by telephone at (202) 395-3087.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Jo Shelton, 301-415-7233.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 17th day of August, 2006.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Brenda Jo Shelton,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. E6-14283 Filed 8-28-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P