60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony; Form N-445, OMB Control No. 1615-0054.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until November 13, 2006.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, especially, regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail add the OMB Control Number 1615-0054 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques and forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form N-445. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. The information furnished on this form refers to events that may have occurred since the applicant's initial interview and prior to the administration of the oath of allegiance. Several months may elapse between these dates and the information that is provided assists the officer to make and render an appropriate decision on the application.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 650,000 responses at 5 minutes (.083) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 53,950 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at http://uscis.gov/graphics/formfee/forms/pra/index.htm.
We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Regulatory Management Division, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529, (202) 272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: September 6, 2006.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E6-15039 Filed 9-11-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P