Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of meeting.
The National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee (NOSAC) will meet to discuss various issues relating to offshore safety and security. The meeting will be open to the public.
NOSAC will meet on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The meeting may close early if all business is finished. Written material and requests to make oral presentations should reach the Coast Guard on or before October 4, 2006. Requests to have a copy of your material distributed to each member of the committee should reach the Coast Guard on or before October 4, 2006.
The meeting will be held in the Vine Room of the Moody Gardens Hotel, 7 Hope Blvd., Galveston, Texas. Send written material and requests to make oral presentations to Commander J.M. Cushing, Commandant (G-PSO-2), U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters, 2100 Second Street, SW., Washington, DC 20593-0001. This notice is available on the Internet at http://dms.dot.gov.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Commander J.M. Cushing, Executive Director of NOSAC, or Mr. Jim Magill, Assistant to the Executive Director, telephone 202-372-1414, fax 202-372-1926.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice of the meeting is given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App. 2.
Agenda of Meeting
The agenda includes the following:
(1) Report on issues concerning the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and the International Organization for Standardization.
(2) SOLAS compliance for foreign operation of U.S. flagged Offshore Support Vessels (OSVs) including Liftboats.
(3) Liftboat III Subcommittee on Liftboat Licenses.
(4) Revision of IMO (Mobile Offshore Drilling Units) MODU Code.
(5) Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) impact on offshore facilities.
(6) Potential impediments to recovery of oil and gas production beyond the 2005 GOM hurricane season.
(7) How changes to MARPOL Annexes I and II affect Offshore Supply Vessels (OSVs).
(8) Revision of 33 CFR, Subchapter N, Outer Continental Shelf activities.
(9) 33 CFR, Subchapter NN, Deepwater Ports (DWPs) rulemaking, and status of DWP license submissions.
The meeting is open to the public. Please note that the meeting may close early if all business is finished. At the Chair's discretion, members of the public may make oral presentations during the meeting. If you would like to make an oral presentation at the meeting, please notify the Executive Director no later than October 4, 2006. Written material for distribution at the meeting should reach the Coast Guard no later than October 4, 2006. If you would like a copy of your material distributed to each member of the committee in advance of the meeting, please submit 25 copies to the Executive Director no later than October 4, 2006.
Information on Services for Individuals With Disabilities
For information on facilities or services for individuals with disabilities or to request special assistance at the meeting, contact the Executive Director as soon as possible.Start Signature
Dated: September 6, 2006.
Director of National and International Standards, Assistant Commandant for Protection.
[FR Doc. E6-15293 Filed 9-14-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-15-P