Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), DOT.
Notice of RTCA Special Committee 159 meeting.
The FAA is issuing this notice to advise the public of a meeting of RTCA Special Committee 159: Global Positioning System.
The meeting will be held October 9-13, 2006, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (unless stated otherwise).
The meeting will be held at RTCA, Inc., 1828 L Street, NW., Suite 805, Washington, DC 20036.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
RTCA Secretariat, 1828 L Street, NW., Suite 805, Washington, DC 20036; telephone (202) 833-9339; fax (202) 833-9434; Web site http://www.rtca.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Pursuant to section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, 5 U.S.C., Appendix 2), notice is hereby given for a Special Committee 159 meeting. Note: Specific working group sessions will be held October 9-13. October 9 is Columbus Day (USA). There will be no scheduled activities. The plenary agenda will include:
- October 13:
- Opening Plenary Session (Welcome and Introductory Remarks, Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting).
- Review Working Group (WG) Progress and Identify Issues for Resolution.
- Global Positioning System (GPS)/3rd Civil Frequency (WG-1).
- GPS/Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) (WG-2).
- GPS/GLONASS (WG-2A).
- GPS/Inertial (WG-2C).
- GPS/Precision Landing Guidance (WG-4).
- GPS/Airport Surface Surveillance (WG-5).
- GPS/Interference (WG-6).
- GPS/Antennas (WG-7).Start Printed Page 55267
- GPS/GRAS (WG-8).
- Review of EUROCAE activities.
- Review Final Review and Comment Status of DO-229C Revision.
- Consider for Approval—new document—Minimum Operational Performance Standards for Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Airborne Active Antenna Equipment for the L1 Frequency Band, RTCA Paper No. 192-06/SC-159-941.
- Closing Plenary Session (Assignment/Review of Future Work, Other Business, Date and Place of Next Meeting).
Attendance is open to the interested public but limited to space availability. With the approval of the chairmen, members of the public may present oral statements at the meeting. Persons wishing to present statements or obtain information should contact the person listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section. Members of the public may present a written statement to the committee at any time.Start Signature
Issued in Washington, DC, on September 12, 2006.
Francisco Estrada C.,
RTCA Advisory Committee.
[FR Doc. 06-7830 Filed 9-20-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-13-M