60-day notice of information collection under review: Office of Legal Education Nomination/Confirmation Form.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for United States Attorneys, (EOUSA) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until November 27, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Michele Zozom, (202) 616-6969, Executive Office for United States Attorneys, U.S. Department of Justice, 600 E Street, NW., Washington, DC 20531.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Existing collection in use with an OMB control number.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Office of Legal Education Nomination Form.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: U.S. Department of Justice. DOJ Form Number, none. Office of Legal Education, Executive Office for United States Attorneys, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Respondents will be current and potential users of agency training services. Respondents may represent Federal agencies, as well as State, local, and tribal governments. The Executive Office for United States Attorneys will use the collected information to select class participants, arrange for transportation and reserve rooms; have an address to contact the participant, and an emergency contact.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that there will be 21,000 responses annually. It is estimated that each form will take 5 minutes to complete.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: An estimate of the total hour burden to conduct this survey is 1750 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, Information Start Printed Page 56552Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: September 20, 2006.
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 06-8209 Filed 9-26-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-07-P