Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of limitation on claims for judicial review of actions by FHWA and other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA and other Federal agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139 (I)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, Fayetteville Outer Loop, from I-95 south of Fayetteville to U.S. 401 (Ramsey Street) in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Cumberland and Robeson Counties, North Carolina. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139 (I)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filled on or before April 16, 2007. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Clarence W. Coleman, P.E., Operations Engineer, Federal Highway Administration, 310 New Bern Avenue, Ste 410, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27601-1418; Telephone: (919) 856-4350 extension 133; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. FHWA North Carolina Division Office's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time). You may also contact Gregory J. Thorpe, Ph.D., Project Development and Environmental Analysis (PDEA) Branch Manager, North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), 1 South Wilmington Street (Delivery), 1548 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-1548; Telephone (919) 733-3141, email@example.com. NCDOT—PDEA Branch Office's normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of North Carolina: Fayetteville Outer Loop, Federal Aid No. DPR-0100(001) and DPR-0100(002), from I-95 south of Fayetteville to U.S. 401 (Ramsey Street) in Fayetteville, North Carolina, Cumberland and Robeson Counties, North Carolina. The project will be a 28-mile long, four-lane divided controlled-access freeway on new alignment. The project extends westward from the end of I-295 along the southern boundary of Fort Bragg Military Reservation/northern municipal limits of the City of Fayetteville then turns southward along the western limits of the City of Fayetteville and the Town of Hope Mills until it connects with I-95. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the project, approved on August 17, 2005, in the FHWA Record of Decision (ROD) issued on January 19, 2006, and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record. The FEIS, ROD, and other documents in the FHWA administrative record file are available by contacting the FHWA or NCDOT at the addresses provided above. The FHWA FEIS and ROD can be viewed at the NCDOT—PDEA Branch, 1 South Wilmington Street, Raleigh, North Carolina; NCDOT—Division 6 Construction Engineer Office, 558 Gillespie Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina and Fayetteville Metropolitan Planning Office (MPO), 130 Gillespie Street, 2nd Floor, Fayetteville, North Carolina.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
4. Wildlife: Endangered Species Act [16 U.S.C. 1531-1544 and Section 1536], Marine Mammal Protection Act [16 U.S.C. 1361], Anadromous Fish Conservation Act [16 U.S.C. 757(a)-757(g)], Fish and Wildlife Coordination Act [16 U.S.C. 661-667(d)], Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712], Magnuson-Stevenson Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976, as amended [16 U.S.C. 1801 et seq.].
5. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended Start Printed Page 58903[16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archeological Resources Protection Act of 1977 [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11]; Archeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469(c)]; Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA) [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Wetlands and Water Resources: Clean Water Act [33 U.S.C. 1251-1377 (Section 404, Section 401, Section 319)]; Coastal Barrier Resources Act [16 U.S.C. 3501-3510]; Coastal Zone Management Act [16 U.S.C. 1451-1465]; Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) [16 U.S.C. 4601-4604]; Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) [42 U.S.C. 300(f)-300(j)(6)]; Rivers and Harbors Act of 1899 [33 U.S.C. 401-406]; Wild and Scenic Rivers Act [16 U.S.C. 1271-1287]; Emergency Wetlands Resources Act [16 U.S.C. 3921, 3931]; TEA-21 Wetlands Mitigation [23 U.S.C. 103(b)(6)(m), 133(b)(11)]; Flood Disaster Protection Act [42 U.S.C. 4001-4128].
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) [42 U.S.C. 9601-9675]; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA); Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) [42 U.S.C. 6901-6992(k)].
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; E.O. 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)Start Signature
Issued on: September 29, 2006.
Clarence W. Coleman,
P.E., Operations Engineer, Raleigh, North Carolina.
[FR Doc. E6-16479 Filed 10-4-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P