60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Guarantee of Payment; Form I-510; OMB Control No. 1653-0024.
The Department of Homeland Security, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until December 22, 2006.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Guarantee of Payment.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-510. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals and Households. Form I-510 is executed upon each arrival of an alien crewman within the purview of Section 253 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 100 responses at 5 minutes (.083) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 8 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Ricardo Lemus, 202-616-2717, Acting Chief, Records Management Branch, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U. S. Department of Homeland Security, Room 1122, 425 I Street, NW., Washington, DC 20536. Additionally, comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time may also be directed to Mr. Ricardo Lemus.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Ricardo Lemus, Acting Chief, United States Department of Homeland Security, Records Management Branch, 425 I Street, NW., Washington DC 20536.Start Signature
Dated: October 18, 2006.
Acting Chief, Records Management Branch, Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E6-17675 Filed 10-20-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P