Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”).
Notice of application for an order under section 38(a) of the Investment Company Act of 1940 (“Act”).
Summary of the Application:
Applicants request an order to rescind a prior order dated April 21, 1987 (the “Prior Order”).
Integrated ARROs Fund I, Integrated ARROs Fund II, and IR Pass-through Corporation (“IRPT”).
The application was filed on June 23, 2006.
Hearing or Notification of Hearing:
An order granting the application will be issued unless the Commission orders a hearing. Interested persons may request a hearing by writing to the Commission's Secretary and serving applicants with a copy of the request, personally or by mail. Hearing requests should be received by the Commission by 5:30 p.m. on November 17, 2006, and should be accompanied by proof of service on applicants in the form of an affidavit or, for lawyers, a certificate of service. Hearing requests should state the nature of the writer's interest, the reason for the request, and the issues contested. Persons who wish to be notified of a hearing may request notification by writing to the Commission's Secretary.
Secretary, Securities and Exchange Commission, 100 F Street, NE., Washington, DC 20549-1090. Applicants: c/o Barbara Leary, Winthrop Management LLC, 7 Bullfinch Place, Suite 500, Boston, MA 02114.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jean E. Minarick, Senior Counsel, at (202) 551-6811, or Mary Kay Frech, Branch Chief, at (202) 551-6821 (Office of Investment Company Regulation, Division of Investment Management).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The following is a summary of the application. The complete application may be obtained for a fee at the Commission's Public Reference Branch, 100 F Street, NE., Washington, DC 20549-0102 (telephone (202) 551-5850).
Applicants' Representations and Legal Analysis
1. The Funds were organized in 1987 as grantor trusts by IRPT, a Delaware corporation and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Integrated Resources, Inc. The Funds were registered with the Commission as closed-end investment companies. On October 17, 2005, the Funds made final payment to all of their unitholders after the maturity, sale or other disposition of all their securities assets. Pursuant to the terms of the Funds' trust indentures, the Funds terminated automatically upon the final payments. On November 18, 2005, each Fund filed an application under section 8(f) of the Act for an order of deregistration. On May 24, 2006, the Commission issued orders under section 8(f) declaring that each Fund had ceased to be an investment company.
2. On April 21, 1987, the Commission issued the Prior Order under sections 6(c), 17(b) and 17(d) of the Act exempting the Funds, IRPT and certain future similarly organized closed-end investment companies (“Future Funds”) from various provisions of the Act. The Applicants state they have not organized, and do not intend to organize, any Future Funds in reliance on the Prior Order.
3. Applicants request an order under section 38(a) of the Act rescinding the Prior Order. Section 38(a) of the Act states, in relevant part, that the Commission shall have authority to rescind such orders as are necessary or appropriate to the exercise of the powers conferred upon the Commission elsewhere in the Act. Applicants submit that the requested order is appropriate to the exercise of the Commission's powers under the Act.Start Signature
By the Commission.
Nancy M. Morris,
1. Integrated ARROs Fund I, et al., Investment Company Act Rel. Nos. 15492 (Dec. 22, 1986) (notice) and 15693 (Apr. 21, 1987) (order).Back to Citation
2. Investment Company Act Rel. Nos. 27308 (Apr. 28, 2006) (notice) and 27376 and 27377 (May 24, 2006) (orders).Back to Citation
[FR Doc. E6-18088 Filed 10-27-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 8011-01-P