Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of its Application Instructions for State Administrative Funds, Program Development Assistance and Training, and Disability Placement. These applications are used by state commissions to apply for funds to support activities related to administration, training, and access for people with disabilities.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the address section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by January 8, 2007.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps State and National, Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director for Policy, 1201 New York Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3476, Attention Amy Borgstrom, Associate Director for Policy.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: email@example.com.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Amy Borgstrom, (202) 606-6930 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
Background: AmeriCorps grants are generally awarded to eligible organizations to recruit, train, and manage AmeriCorps members who address unmet community needs. AmeriCorps members are individuals who engage in community service. Members may receive a living allowance during their term of service. Upon successful completion of their service members receive an education award from the National Service Trust.
Roughly three quarters of all AmeriCorps grant funding goes to Governor-appointed state service commissions which award subgrants to nonprofit organizations in their states. The State Administrative Funds, Program Development Assistance and Training, and Disability Placement Application Instructions are used by commissions to complete their application for these funds in eGrants, the Corporation's Web-based grants management system.
Current Action: The Corporation seeks to renew and revise the current application instructions. The application instructions are being revised for increased clarity and burden reduction. The application will be used in the same manner as the existing application. The Corporation also seeks to continue using the current application instructions until the revised application instructions are approved by OMB. The current application instructions are due to expire on April 30, 2008.
Type of Review: Renewal; previously granted approval by OMB.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: State Administrative Funds, Program Development Assistance and Training, and Disability Placement Application Instructions.
OMB Number: 3045-0099.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: State commissions.
Total Respondents: 54.
Average Time Per Response: 24 hours. Start Printed Page 65780
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 1296 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this Notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for OMB approval of the information collection request; they will become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: November 3, 2006.
Director, AmeriCorps State and National.
[FR Doc. E6-18914 Filed 11-8-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-01-P