U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, DHS.
30-Day Notice of information collection under review: Petition for Alien Fiance(e); Form I-129F. OMB Control No. 1615-0001.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on May 26, 2006 at 71 FR 30434, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS received several comments from the public on this information collection. These comments are addressed in the supporting statement that USCIS will submit to OMB.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 28, 2006. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) USCIS Desk Officer. Comments may be submitted to: USCIS, Director, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may Start Printed Page 68825also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0001 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Petition for Alien Fiance(e).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-129F. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Individuals or Households. This information is collected by USCIS to determine whether satisfactory evidence has been submitted by a U.S. citizen to establish that the parties are married, in the case of a citizen seeking to obtain a nonimmigrant visa for his or her spouse.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 200,000 responses at 1 hour and 30 minutes (1.50) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 300,000 hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529.Start Signature
Dated: November 22, 2006.
Richard A. Sloan,
Director, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
[FR Doc. E6-20151 Filed 11-27-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P