Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
Notice of Limitation on Claims for Judicial Review of Actions by FHWA and Other Federal Agencies.
This notice announces actions taken by the FHWA and other Federal agencies that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project, U.S. Highway 101 Prunedale Improvement Project between Kilo Posts R146.8 to 161.6 (Post Miles R91.2 to 100.4) north of the City of Salinas in Monterey County, State of California. Those actions grant approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before June 11, 2007. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Dominic Hoang, Project Development Engineer, Federal Highway Administration, 650 Capitol Mall, #4-100, Sacramento, CA 95814; weekdays 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Pacific time); telephone (916) 498-5002; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Bobi Lyon-Ritter, Senior Environmental Planner, California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), 2015 E. Shields Avenue #100, Fresno, CA 93726; weekdays 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Pacific time); telephone (559) 243-8178; e-mail: email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Notice is hereby given that the FHWA and other Federal agencies have taken final agency actions by issuing approvals for the following highway project in the State of California. The U.S. Highway 101 Prunedale Improvement Project would improve safety and operations within the project limits of 9.2 miles along U.S. Highway 101 north of Salinas in Monterey County. This would be accomplished by: constructing two new interchanges; improving an existing interchange; constructing a four-lane access controlled freeway on a new alignment between 0.18 miles north of Boronda Road interchange and the intersection of Martines Road; placing median barrier at various locations; and constructing local roads including the addition of one new local-road overcrossing and one new local-road undercrossing. FHWA project reference number is PPNO 0058G. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Environmental Assessment (EA)/Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the project, approved on March 13, 2006, and in other documents in the FHWA administrative record. The EA/FONSI, and other documents are available by contacting FHWA or Caltrans at the addresses provided above. The FHWA EA/FONSI can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist05/prunedale/index.htm.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
2. Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)].
3. Land: Landscape and Scenic Enhancement (Wildflowers) [23 U.S.C. 319].
6. Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(f) et seq.]; Archaeological and Historic Preservation Act [16 U.S.C. 469-469c]; Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979 [16 U.S.C. 470aa et seq.]; and Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act [25 U.S.C. 3001-3013].
7. Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d)(1)]; Farmland Protection Policy Act [7 U.S.C. 4201-4209]; and The Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Act of 1970, as amended.
8. Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act [42 U.S.C. 9601-9675]; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986; and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act [42 U.S.C. 6901-6992(k)].
9. Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O.12898 Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of the Cultural Environment; E.O. 13007 Indian Sacred Sites; E.O. 13287 Preserve America; 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments; E.O. 11514 Protection and Enhancement of Environmental Quality; and E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program.)Start Signature
Issued on: December 4, 2006.
Director, Project Development & Environment, Sacramento, California.
[FR Doc. E6-20949 Filed 12-8-06; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-22-P