U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to OMB and solicitation of public comment.
The NRC is preparing a submittal to OMB for review of continued approval of information collections under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information Pertaining to the Requirement To Be Submitted
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 314, Certificate of Disposition of Materials.
2. Current OMB approval numbers: 3150-0028.
3. How often the collection is required: The form is submitted once, when a licensee terminates its license.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Persons holding an NRC license for the possession and use of radioactive byproduct, source, or special nuclear material who are ceasing licensed activities and terminating the license.
5. The estimated number of annual respondents: 171.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 85.5.
7. Abstract: NRC Form 314 furnishes information to NRC regarding transfer or other disposition of radioactive material by licensees who wish to terminate their licenses. The information is used by NRC as part of the basis for its determination that the facility has been cleared of radioactive material before the facility is released for unrestricted use.
Submit, by March 26, 2007, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to Start Printed Page 2908properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
A copy of the draft supporting statement may be viewed free of charge at the NRC Public Document Room, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Room O-1 F21, Rockville, MD 20852. OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC worldwide Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/index.html. The document will be available on the NRC home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Margaret A. Janney, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, T-5 F54, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-7245, or by Internet electronic mail to INFOCOLLECTS@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 16th day of January 2007.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Margaret A. Janney,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. E7-902 Filed 1-22-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P