Office of Governmentwide Policy, General Services Administration.
This document amends the Federal Management Regulation (FMR) to correct an omission from the Start Printed Page 5943amended final rule that was published in the Federal Register at 71 FR 52498, September 6, 2006. The original final rule, which was published initially in the Federal Register at 70 FR 67786, November 8, 2005, broadly applied GSA’s accessibility standards to the design, construction and alteration of buildings subject to the Architectural Barriers Act (other than residential structures subject to the Architectural Barriers Act and facilities of the Department of Defense and the Postal Service), as provided by statute. When the implementation dates for the accessibility standards were amended on September 6, 2006, the amendment inadvertently deleted reference to facilities other than those that were Federally-owned or leased. Accordingly, this final rule corrects this oversight. Except as expressly modified by this final rule, all other terms and conditions of the Architectural Barriers Act standards remain in full force and effect.
Effective Date: February 8, 2007.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Regulatory Secretariat, Room 4035, GSA Building, 1800 F Street, NW., Washington, DC 20405, (202) 501-4755, for information pertaining to status or publication schedules. For clarification of content, contact Mr. Stanley C. Langfeld, Director, Regulations Management Division, General Services Administration, at (202) 501-1737, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cite FMR Case 2005-102-8, Amendment 2005-03, Technical Amendment.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 41 CFR Part 102-76End List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: January 25, 2007
Administrator of General Services.
For the reasons set forth in the preamble, GSA amends 41 CFR chapter 102 as set forth below:End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 102-76—DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTIONEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation forEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
2. Amend section 102-76.5 by adding a sentence to the end of the section to read as follows:End Amendment Part
* * * The accessibility standards in Subpart C of this part apply to Federal agencies and other entities whose facilities are subject to the Architectural Barriers Act.Start Amendment Part
3. Amend section 102-76.65 by revising the second sentence in the introductory text of paragraph (a) and paragraph (a)(1) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) * * * Facilities subject to the Architectural Barriers Act (other than facilities described in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section) must comply with ABAAS as set forth below:
(1) For construction or alteration of facilities subject to the Architectural Barriers Act (other than Federal lease-construction and other lease actions described in paragraphs (a)(2) and (3), respectively, of this section), compliance with ABAAS is required if the construction or alteration commenced after May 8, 2006. If the construction or alteration of such a facility commenced on or before May 8, 2006, compliance with the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS) is required.End Supplemental Information
[FR Doc. E7-2066 Filed 2-7-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6820-RH-S