Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces Agency approval of applications submitted by Jabb of the Carolinas, to conditionally register the pesticide products Beauveria bassiana HF23 (Technical) and the End-use Product, balEnce containing a new active ingredient not included in any previously registered products pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c)(7)(C) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Shanaz Bacchus, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division (7511P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 308-8097; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this Action Apply to Me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. Potentially affected entities may include, but are not limited to:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
This listing is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide for readers regarding entities likely to be affected by this action. Other types of entities not listed in this unit could also be affected. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes have been provided to assist you and others in determining whether this action might apply to certain entities. To determine whether you or your business may be affected by this action, you should carefully examine the applicability provisions. If you have any questions regarding the applicability of this action to a particular entity, consult the person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT.
B. How Can I Get Copies of this Document and Other Related Information?
1. Docket. EPA has established a docket for this action under docket identification (ID) number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2007-0168. Publicly available docket materials are available either in the electronic docket at http://www.regulations.gov, or, if only available in hard copy, at the Office of Pesticide Programs (OPP) Regulatory Public Docket in Rm. S-4400, One Potomac Yard (South Bldg.), 2777 S. Crystal Dr., Arlington, VA. The hours of operation of this Docket Facility are from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The Docket telephone number is (703) 305-5805.
In accordance with section 3(c)(2) of FIFRA, a copy of the approved label, the list of data references, the data and other scientific information used to support registration, except for material specifically protected by section 10 of FIFRA, are also available for public inspection. Requests for data must be made in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act and must be addressed to the Freedom of Information Office (A-101), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. Such requests should: Identify the product name and registration number and specify the data or information desired.
A paper copy of the fact sheet, which provides more detail on this registration, may be obtained from the National Technical Information Service (NTIS), 5285 Port Royal Rd., Springfield, VA 22161.
2. Electronic access. You may access this Federal Register document electronically through the EPA Internet under the “Federal Register” listings at http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr.
II. Did EPA Conditionally Approve the Application?
A conditional registration may be granted under section 3(c)(7)(C) of FIFRA for a new active ingredient where certain data are lacking, on condition that such data are received by the end of the conditional registration period and do not meet or exceed the risk criteria set forth in 40 CFR 154.7; that use of the pesticide during the conditional registration period will not cause unreasonable adverse effects; and that use of the pesticide is in the public interest. The Agency has considered the available data on the risks associated with the proposed use of Beauveria bassiana HF23, and information on social, economic, and environmental benefits to be derived from such use. Specifically, the Agency has considered the nature and its pattern of use, application methods and rates, and level and extent of potential exposure. Based on these reviews, the Agency was able to make basic health and safety determinations which show that use of Beauveria bassiana HF23 during the period of conditional registration will not cause any unreasonable adverse effect on the environment, and that use of the pesticide is, in the public interest.
Consistent with section 3(c)(7)(C) of FIFRA, the Agency has determined that these conditional registrations are in the public interest. Use of the pesticides are of significance to the user community, and appropriate labeling, use directions, and other measures have been taken to ensure that use of the pesticides will not result in unreasonable adverse effects to man and the environment.Start Printed Page 11873
III. Conditional Approval Form
EPA issued a notice, published in the Federal Register of February 15, 2006 (71 FR 7954) (FRL-7761-5), which announced that Jabb of the Carolinas, P.O. Box 310, Pine Level, NC 27568, had submitted an application to conditionally register the pesticide products, Beauveria bassiana HF23 Technical, insecticide (EPA File Symbol 70787-1), containing the fungal active ingredient at 95 percent, an active ingredient not included in any previously registered product.
Listed below are the applications conditionally approved on December 27, 2006 for an end-use product and a technical.
1. EPA File Symbol 70787-1: Beauveria bassiana HF23 Technical at 95 percent for use as a Manufacturing product for insecticides. Manufacturer: Jabb of the Carolinas, P.O. Box 310, Pine Level, NC 27568. The registrant must provide analyses of five production batches of this Technical Grade Active Ingredient which is to be used for manufacture of other End-use Products.
2. EPA File Symbol 70787-2: End-use Product (EP) balEnce containing 1.18 percent of Beauveria bassiana HF23 Technical for treatment of poultry houses to control house fly in chicken manure.Start List of Subjects
List of SubjectsEnd List of Subjects Start Signature
Dated: February 28, 2007.
Janet L. Andersen,
Director, Biopesticides and Pollution Prevention Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. E7-4275 Filed 3-13-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-S