60-day notice of information collection under review: Memorandum of Understanding to Participate in the Basic Pilot Employment Eligibility Program; Verify Employment Eligibility Status; OMB Control No. 1615-0092.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Start Printed Page 16808Immigration Services (USCIS), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until June 4, 2007.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352, or via e-mail at email@example.com. When submitting comments by e-mail, add the OMB Control Number 1615-0092 in the subject box.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Memorandum of Understanding to Participate in the Basic Pilot Employment Eligibility Program; Verify Employment Eligibility Status.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Agency Form Number; File OMB-18. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for profit. The Basic Pilot Program allows employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility status of newly hired employees.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 40,000 MOU's at 2.333 (2 hours and 20 minutes) per response; 40,000 employers registering to participate in the program at .166 (10 minutes) per response; 4,000,000 initial queries at .05 (3 minutes) per response; 40,000 secondary queries at .333 (20 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 313,279 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., 3rd Floor, Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529; 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: April 2, 2007.
Deputy Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-6370 Filed 4-4-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P