30-day notice of information collection under review: Nondiscrimination on the basis of disability in State and local government services (self-evaluation)
The Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection extension is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on January 31, 2007, Volume 72, Number 20, Pages 4529-4530, allowing for a 60-day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comment. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until May 10, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions are requested from the public and affected agencies concerning the extension of a currently approved collection of information. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the collection of information;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses).
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Office of Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Comments may also be submitted to the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Attention: Department Clearance Officer, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to DOJ via facsimile to (202) 514-1534.
The information collection is listed below:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of Currently Approved Collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in State and Local Government Services (Self-Evaluation).
(3) The agency form number and applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: No form number. Disability Rights Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: State, Local or Tribal Government. Under title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, State and local governments are required to evaluate their current services, policies, and practices for compliance with the ADA. Under certain circumstances, such entities must also maintain the results of such self-evaluation on file for public review.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 8,000 respondents at 6 hours per self-evaluation.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 48,000 hours annual burden.
If additional information is required contact: Ms. Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 5, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E7-6732 Filed 4-9-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-13-P