60-day notice of information collection under review: certification of identity.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until June 12, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Stephen K. Myers, 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Certification of Identity.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form DOJ-361. Facilities and Administrative Services Staff, Justice Management Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as brief abstract: Primary: American Citizens. Other: Federal Government. The information collection will be used by the Department to identify individuals requesting certain records under the Privacy Act. Without this form an individual cannot obtain the information requested.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 27,000 respondents will complete each form within approximately 30 minutes
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated total of 13,500 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washingon, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 10, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 07-1857 Filed 4-12-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-M