Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment in the Federal Register preceding submission to OMB. We are conducting this process in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
- Title of Information Collection: Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Investor Application.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0101.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State (CA/VO).
- Form Number: DS-156E.
- Respondents: Nonimmigrant treaty trader/investor visa applicants.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 17,000.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 17,000.
- Average Hours per Response: 4 hours.
- Total Estimated Burden: 68,000 hours per year.
- Frequency: Once per respondent.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain a Benefit.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to 60 days from April 13, 2007.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: VisaRegs@state.gov (Subject line must read DS-156E Reauthorization).
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): Chief, Legislation and Regulation Division, Visa Services—DS-1884 Reauthorization, 2401 E Street, NW., Washington, DC 20520-30106.
- Fax: (202) 663-3898.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed information collection and supporting documents, to Start Printed Page 18722Lauren Prosnik of the Office of Visa Services, U.S. Department of State, 2401 E Street, NW., L-603, Washington, DC 20522, who may be reached at (202) 663-2951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection:
Form DS-156E is completed by aliens seeking nonimmigrant treaty trader/investor visas to the U.S. The Department will use the DS-156E to elicit information necessary to determine an applicant's visa eligibility.
The DS-156E is submitted to consular posts abroad.Start Signature
Dated: March 30, 2007.
Stephen A. Edson,
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Bureau of Consular Affairs, Department of State.
[FR Doc. E7-7047 Filed 4-12-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-06-P