This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Notice is hereby given that I have delegated to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretaries, Program Directors, Program Commissioners, Deputy Director/Commissioner, Office of Child Support Enforcement, and Staff Office Directors the following authority vested in me by the Secretary of Health and Human Services in the memorandum dated August 20, 1991, Delegations of Authority for Social Security Act Programs; 31 U.S.C. 1535; and HHS General Administrative Manual, Chapter 8-77.
(a) Authorities Delegated.
1. Authority to administer approved cooperative research experimental, pilot or demonstration projects under the provisions of sections 1110 and 1115 of the Social Security Act.
2. Authority to approve interagency agreements to procure, provide or exchange services, supplies or equipment.
1. The authority listed in #1 above shall be exercised under the condition that projects may be administered by the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation (OPRE), by the program/staff office or jointly by OPRE with the program/staff office.
2. Where all or any part of an experimental, pilot, research or demonstration project is wholly financed with Federal funds made available under sections 455(e), 1110 or 1115 of the Social Security Act, without any State, local or other non-Federal financial participation, that project must be approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
3. This delegation of authority does not include the authority to approve/disapprove projects under sections 1110 or 1115 of the Social Security Act or approve/disapprove waivers of State Plan requirements or costs that would not otherwise be included as expenditures under the provisions of section 1115(a)(1) and (2) of the Social Security Act.
4. The authority to approve interagency agreements to procure, provide, or exchange services, supplies, or equipment requires the concurrence of the ACF Chief Financial Officer if it exceeds $250,000 (including amendments) within a fiscal year or if it requires the signature of the Assistant Secretary, ACF, or the Secretary of HHS.
(c) Effect on Existing Delegations.
As related to this delegation of authority, this delegation supersedes all previous delegations of authority involving the administration of the cross-program authorities delegated herein.
(d) Effective Date.
This delegation is effective upon the date of signature.
I hereby ratify and affirm any actions taken by the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Deputy Assistant Secretaries, Program Directors, Program Commissioners, Deputy Director/Commissioner, Office of Child Support Enforcement, and Staff Office Directors, which involved the exercise of the authority delegated herein prior to the effective date of this delegation.Start Signature
Dated: April 19, 2007.
Daniel C. Schneider,
Acting Assistant Secretary for Children and Families.
[FR Doc. E7-8319 Filed 5-1-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4184-01-P