In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation announces the following meeting:
Name: Committee on Equal Opportunities in Science and Engineering (1173).
Dates/Time: June 5, 2007, 8:30 a.m.—5:30 p.m. and June 6, 2007, 8:30 a.m.—2 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Room 1235 S, Arlington, VA 22230.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Dr. Margaret E.M. Tolbert, Senior Advisor and Executive Liaison, CEOSE, Office of Integrative Activities, National Science Foundation, 4201 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22230, Telephone: (703) 292-8040, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minutes: May be obtained from the Executive Liaison at the above address.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations concerning broadening participation in science and engineering.
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Welcome and Opening Statement by the CEOSE Chair Introductions
Presentations and Discussions:
- Understanding Interventions That Encourage Minorities to Pursue Research Careers
- The Transformation of CEOSE
- National Science Foundation Broader Impacts Criterion
- Strategic Planning and Broadening Participation
- CEOSE Status Reports
○ Plans for a Minisymposium on Persons with Disabilities
○ Conversations with Representatives of Ten Federal Agencies
○ CEOSE 2006 Biennial Report to Congress
○ Strategic Planning for CEOSE
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Opening Statement by the New CEOSE Chair Presentations/Discussions:
- Conversations with Selected NSF Assistant Directors
- Discussion with the Director of the National Science Foundation
- Reports by CEOSE Liaisons to National Science Foundation Advisory Committees
- Deliberations on Key Areas of Focus in the Future, Recommendations, and Action Items
Completion of Unfinished Business.Start Signature
Dated: May 11, 2007.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. E7-9383 Filed 5-15-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P