Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (hereinafter the “Corporation”), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, the Corporation is soliciting comments on the proposed follow-up survey for the National Evaluation of Youth Corps. This survey will be completed by individuals 18 months after they were randomly assigned to participate in either a youth corps program or a control group. These individuals completed a baseline survey at the time of application to a youth corps program. Many of the youth corps programs receive all or part of their funding from the Corporation.
Copies of the information collection requests can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the address section of this notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by July 16, 2007.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service; Attention: Lillian Dote, Program Officer; Office of Research and Policy Development, Room 10901C; 1201 New York Avenue, NW.; Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the Corporation's mailroom at Room 8102C at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) By fax to: (202) 606-3464, Attention: Lillian Dote, Program Officer, Office of Research and Policy Development.
(4) Electronically through the Corporation's e-mail address system: email@example.com.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Lillian Dote, (202) 606-6984, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The Corporation is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Corporation, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The Corporation is interested in learning about the effects of national service on its participants. This study will use an experimental design to assess the outcomes associated with participation in national service. This survey will be completed by individuals 18 months after they were randomly assigned to participate in either a youth corps program or a control group. These individuals completed a baseline survey at the time of application to a youth corps program.
This is an application for a new data collection. It is anticipated that data collection will begin in January 2008.
Type of Review: New.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: National Evaluation of Youth Corps.
OMB Number: None.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Individuals who have agreed to participate in the evaluation and who have completed a baseline survey.
Total Respondents: 3,000.
Frequency: One time.
Average Time Per Response: Averages 45 minutes.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 2,250 hours.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.Start Printed Page 27806
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.Start Signature
Dated: May 10, 2007.
Director, Office of Research and Policy Development.
[FR Doc. E7-9446 Filed 5-16-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-$$-P