30-Day Notice of Information Collection under Review: Memorandum of Understanding to Participate in the Basic Pilot Employment Eligibility Program; Verify Employment Eligibility Status; OMB Control No. 1615-0092.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 5, 2007, at 72 FR 16807 allowing for a 60-day public comment period. One comment was received on this information collection. USCIS responded to the comment, but will not be making changes at this time.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 12, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0092 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Memorandum of Understanding to Participate in the Basic Pilot Employment Eligibility Program; Verify Employment Eligibility Status.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Agency Form Number; File OMB-18. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for profit. The Basic Pilot Program allows employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility status of newly hired employees.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 40,000 MOU's at 2.333 (2 hours and 20 minutes) per response; 40,000 employers registering to participate in the program at .166 (10 minutes) per response; 4,000,000 initial queries at .05 (3 minutes) per response; 40,000 secondary queries at .333 (20 minutes) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 313,279 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please contact Richard A. Sloan, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529; Telephone 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 6, 2007.
Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-11270 Filed 6-11-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P