60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review. Proposed collection; comments requested: Application for Import Quota for Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine, and Phenylpropanolamine DEA Form 488.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until August 20, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Mark W. Caverly, Chief, Start Printed Page 33776Liaison and Policy Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, DC 20537.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Import Quota for Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine, and Phenylpropanolamine.
(3) Agency form number, if any and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: DEA Form 488.
Component: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: 21 U.S.C. 952 and 21 CFR 1315.34 require that persons who desire to import the List I chemicals ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine during the next calendar year shall apply on DEA Form 488 for import quota for such List I chemicals.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: DEA estimates that ninety-one (91) individual respondents will apply for import quotas. DEA estimates that each response will take one hour.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: DEA estimates that this collection will involve ninety-one (91) annual public burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 12, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E7-11785 Filed 6-18-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P