The Materials Technical Advisory Committee will meet on July 12, 2007, 10:30 a.m., Herbert C. Hoover Building, Room 3884, 14th Street between Constitution & Pennsylvania Avenues, NW., Washington, DC. The Committee advises the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Export Administration with respect to technical questions that affect the level of export controls applicable to materials and related technology.
1. Opening Remarks by the Chairman.
2. Presentation on Synthetic Genomics.
3. Synthetic Genomic Control Discussion.
4. Composite Working Group Update.
5. Export Control Classification Number Review Working Group Co-chairs Comments.
6. Pending Regulatory Changes from Australia Group Plenary.
7. Export Control Classification Number Review Evaluation, Follow up, and Assignments.
8. Discussion of matters determined to be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3).
A limited number of seats will be available during the public session of the meeting. Reservations are not accepted. To the extent time permits, members of the public may present oral statements to the Committee. Written statements may be submitted at any time before or after the meeting. However, to facilitate distribution of public presentation materials to Committee members, the materials should be forwarded prior to the meeting to Ms. Yvette Springer at Yspringer@bis.doc.gov.
The Assistant Secretary for Administration, with the concurrence of the delegate of the General Counsel, formally determined on June 6, 2007, pursuant to Section 10(d) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, as amended, that the portion of the meeting dealing with matters the premature disclosure of which would likely frustrate the implementation of a proposed agency action as described in 5 U.S.C. 552b(c)(9)(B) shall be exempt from the provisions relating to public meetings found in 5 U.S.C. app. 2 §§ 10(a)(1) and 10(a)(3). The remaining portions of the meeting will be open to the public.
For more information, call Yvette Springer at (202) 482-2813.Start Signature
Dated: June 20, 2007.
Committee Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 07-3115 Filed 6-25-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-JT-M