30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act; Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member; Form I-864EZ, EZ Affidavit of Support under Section 213 of the Act; Form I-864W, Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption; OMB Control No. 1615-0075.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 20, 2007, at 72 FR 19947 allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments on this information collection.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 30, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), USCIS, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, Clearance Office, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, 3rd floor, Washington, DC 20529. Comments may also be submitted to DHS via facsimile to 202-272-8352 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via facsimile at 202-395-6974 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
When submitting comments by e-mail please make sure to add OMB Control Number 1615-0075 in the subject box. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act; Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member; EZ Affidavit of Support under Section 213 of the Act; Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-864, Form I-864A, Form I-864EZ, and Form I-864W; U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. These forms are used by family-based and certain employment-based immigrants to have the petitioning relative execute an Affidavit of Support on their behalf.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: I-864, 439,500 responses at 6 hours per response; I-864A, 215,800 responses at 1.75 hours per response; I-864EZ, 100,000 responses at 2.5 hours per response; I-864W, 1,000 responses at 1 hour per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 3,265,650 annual burden hours.
If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument, please visit the USCIS Web site at: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=29227b58fa16e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=29227b58fa16e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD.
If you have additional questions please contact Richard A. Sloan, Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 111 Massachusetts Avenue, NW., Suite 3008, Washington, DC 20529; Telephone 202-272-8377.Start Signature
Dated: June 22, 2007.
Chief, Regulatory Management Division, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-12460 Filed 6-27-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-10-P