60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; National Security Entry-Exit Registration System; OMB Control No. 1653-0036.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), has submitted the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for sixty days until August 28, 2007.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice, and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Ricardo Lemus, Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 514-3211.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: National Security Entry-Exit Registration System.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: No Form Number, OMB Control Number 1653-0036, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
1. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or Households. This information collection requires certain nonimmigrant aliens to make specific reports to USICE upon arrival; approximately 30 days after arrival; every 12 months after arrival; upon certain events, such as change of address, employment or school; and at the time they leave the United States.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 58,000 responses at 30 minutes (.50) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 29,000 annual burden hours.
Comments and/or questions; requests for a copy of the proposed information collection instrument, with instructions; or inquiries for additional information should be directed to: Ricardo Lemus, Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, 425 I Street, NW., Room 1122, Washington, DC 20536; (202) 616-2266.Start Signature
Dated: June 26, 2007.
Branch Chief, Records Management Branch, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. E7-12659 Filed 6-28-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9110-34-P