60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review: Supplemental Statement (Foreign Agents).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), National Security Division (NSD), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until September 4, 2007. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please write to U.S. Department of Justice, 10th & Constitution Avenue, NW., National Security Division, Counterespionage Section/Registration Unit, Bond Building—Room 9300, Washington, DC 20530. If you need a copy of the collection instrument with instructions, or have additional information, please contact the Registration Unit at 202-514-1216.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Supplemental Statement (Foreign Agents).
(3) The agency form number and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: NSD-2. National Security Division, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit, Not-for-profit institutions, and individuals or households. The form is required by the provisions of the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938, as amended, 22 U.S.C. 611, et seq., must be filed by the foreign agent within thirty days after the expiration of each period of six months succeeding the original filing date, and must contain accurate and complete information with respect to the foreign agent's activities, receipts and expenditures.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average response: The total estimated number of responses is 491 respondents at 1.375 hours (1 hour and 22 minutes) per response (2 responses annually).
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 1,375 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: June 28, 2007.
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E7-12958 Filed 7-3-07; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-PF-P